Book Reviews

‘The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours.’ Alan Bennett

“Many a book is like a key to unknown chambers within the castle of one’s own self.” ― Franz Kafka

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Bout of Books 8.0 - Progress Updates Master Post!

This is the master post for my reading throughout the Bout of Books 8.0 read-a-thon. 

I'll try to update it everyday, August 19th to August 25th.




Updates


Monday


Number of pages I've read today: 105

Number of books I've read today: 1

Total number of books I've read: 1

Books: The Mussel Feast by Birgit Vanderbeke (Peirene Press)






Tuesday


Number of pages I've read today: 50
Number of books I've read today: 0
Total number of books I've read: 1
Books: 
Read - The Mussel Feast by Birgit Vanderbeke (Peirene Press)
Reading - New England Rocks by Christina Courtenay (ChocLit)



Wednesday


Number of pages I've read today: 146
Number of books I've read today: 1
Total number of books I've read: 2
Books: 
Read - The Mussel Feast by Birgit Vanderbeke (Peirene Press)
New England Rocks by Christina Courtenay (ChocLit)



Thursday

Number of pages I've read today: 123 pages
52 pages of Someday We'll Tell Each Other Everything
71 pages of The Return of the Soldier
Number of books I've read today: 0
Total number of books I've read: 2
Books: 
Read - The Mussel Feast by Birgit Vanderbeke (Peirene Press)
Read - New England Rocks by Christina Courtenay (ChocLit)



Also commented on lots of blogs today, including quite a few 'new to me' ones.


Friday

Number of pages I've read today: 65 pages of The Secret Lake by Karen Inglis
30 pages of Someday....
Number of books I've read today: 0
Total number of books I've read: 2
Books: 
Read - The Mussel Feast by Birgit Vanderbeke (Peirene Press)
Read - New England Rocks by Christina Courtenay (ChocLit)



Saturday

Number of pages I've read today: 40 pages of The Secret Lake by Karen Inglis
42 pages of Blackmore's Treasure by Derek G. Rogers
Number of books I've read today: 1
Total number of books I've read: 3
Books: 
Read - The Mussel Feast by Birgit Vanderbeke (Peirene Press)
Read - New England Rocks by Christina Courtenay (ChocLit)

Read - The Secret Lake by Karen Inglis (WellSaidPress)

Also did lots of DIY at our house today, including starting to paint a bedroom and woodstaining some new bookshelves - woohoo!!


Sunday

Number of pages I've read today: 
Number of books I've read today: 
Total number of books I've read: 
Books: 
Read - The Mussel Feast by Birgit Vanderbeke (Peirene Press)
Read - New England Rocks by Christina Courtenay (ChocLit)

Read - The Secret Lake by Karen Inglis (WellSaidPress)

I've developed a summer cold and I managed a bit more DIY but my reading concentration really suffered, so my bout of books attempted fizzled out quite a bit at the end...

But I really enjoyed taking part, I would do it again, and next time I'll try and be more active about it on twitter and visit even more blogs. 

11 comments:

  1. Well done! The first book is done. I heard a lot about this book - did you enjoy it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith! I did thank you, it was really well done, a brilliant little book.

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of your first book - I've got to take a look at it! Great job. :)


    - Patricia at Bookish Geek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Patricia. It was a translated novella that I've been hoping to get round to. Hope you are having a good week.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your goals. You can do it!

    Lisa @Just Another Rabid Reader

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are making some decent progress. I hope you are enjoying your reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, slow but steady progress!

      Delete
  5. Ooh, I haven't heard of the books you've read but I hope you enjoyed them :)
    You're making great progress! Good luck with your goals and good luck for the rest of the readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peirene are perfect for readathons. I am ahving a freakishly good week at concentrating on reading. Hopefully you'll have plenty of time at the weekend to get stuck in :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the progress so far, and glad you managed to find some new blogs! :-) What's Choc Lit like? I keep meaning to give their books a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave a comment. It's great reading your comments and I really appreciate them :)