Book Reviews

‘The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours.’ Alan Bennett

“Many a book is like a key to unknown chambers within the castle of one’s own self.” ― Franz Kafka

Friday 21 October 2011

Wishlist Wednesday - on Friday!

I'm belatedly taking part in a weekly blog hop today, Wishlist Wednesday, hosted by Dani at Pen to Paper. Visit the site and join in.

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.

My chosen wishlist book this week is One of our Thursdays is Missing by Jasper Fforde.

I have been reading his novels for quite a few years, and really enjoy his 'Thursday Next' and 'Nursery Crimes' series', and also the recent novel 'Shades of Grey'. I think this one is the latest featuring the character of literary detective Thursday Next and her adventures in the 'Book World'. The previous novels are very entertaining and clever, with Thursday jumping in and out of classic fiction books and so on. They are a nice change for me as I don't read much in this kind of genre, but his novels are an exception. I hope this one will be just as good. It is out in hardback now I believe, so I will keep it on my wishlist and perhaps buy the paperback if I haven't read it by then. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave a comment. It's great reading your comments and I really appreciate them :)