Book Reviews

‘The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours.’ Alan Bennett

“Many a book is like a key to unknown chambers within the castle of one’s own self.” ― Franz Kafka

Wednesday 18 May 2011

2011 Reading Challenge - Progress so far

Well, here we are just past the mid-point of May and I'm having a look at the reading challenge I set myself on the Goodreads website for this year. I was nervous about doing this as I really wasn't sure how many books I could read and also I am not a fast reader. So I went for what I thought was a decent but very likely achievable target of 50 books. Looking at my stats, I have now completed 22 books, which I am fairly happy with. More would always be good in an ideal world, because I have such a backlog to get through! But I've enjoyed what I've read, and sometimes it's a case of being in the right frame of mind to really enjoy a book. If the mood is not there, it's not there, and I keep reading the same sentence, paragraph or page. But when I am fully imersed and getting carried away by the characters and the tale, there's not much else like it. So I'm happy with my progress, off I go to finish my current read and make it 23, and if I manage my 50 this year, here's to - maybe - 75 next year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave a comment. It's great reading your comments and I really appreciate them :)